Articles on this Page
- 07/30/14--18:02: _[AB] Calgary down t...
- 08/01/14--01:34: _newsgroup download ...
- 08/01/14--21:43: _Vancouver Area Pack...
- 08/05/14--15:29: _[AB] Arris SBG6782 ...
- 07/31/14--23:22: _Equipment to avoid?
- 08/07/14--12:39: _[AB] Bad route to d...
- 08/08/14--13:41: _[BC] Shaw Internet ...
- 08/10/14--21:18: _Impossible to strea...
- 08/12/14--18:46: _Cant even ping twitch?
- 08/14/14--00:21: _so switch to anothe...
- 08/14/14--17:02: _[ON] Favourite List
- 08/17/14--00:27: _Focus Communications
- 08/17/14--21:13: _Shaw Customer Centr...
- 08/20/14--13:25: _[BC] Shaw Phone
- 08/22/14--03:16: _Change back to Shaw
- 08/22/14--16:39: _Lots of noise on my...
- 08/24/14--07:36: _[AB] Make Calls or ...
- 08/24/14--13:52: _Current Shaw modems...
- 08/26/14--15:41: _Shaw chat
- 08/26/14--16:44: _[BC] How do you know
- 07/30/14--18:02: [AB] Calgary down town internet down for over a week
- 08/01/14--01:34: newsgroup download speed throttling downtown Vancouver?
- 08/01/14--21:43: Vancouver Area Packet Loss
- 08/05/14--15:29: [AB] Arris SBG6782 DNS override not working (newer firmware?)
- 07/31/14--23:22: Equipment to avoid?
- 08/07/14--12:39: [AB] Bad route to dota 2 servers
- 08/08/14--13:41: [BC] Shaw Internet outage in Metro Vancouver AUG 8?
- 08/10/14--21:18: Impossible to stream with shaws top tier plan?
- 08/12/14--18:46: Cant even ping twitch?
- 08/14/14--00:21: so switch to another provider is my only option it seems
- 08/14/14--17:02: [ON] Favourite List
- 08/17/14--00:27: Focus Communications
- 08/17/14--21:13: Shaw Customer Centre Options Missing?
- 08/20/14--13:25: [BC] Shaw Phone
- 08/22/14--03:16: Change back to Shaw
- 08/22/14--16:39: Lots of noise on my node
- 08/24/14--13:52: Current Shaw modems and voice gateways
- 08/26/14--15:41: Shaw chat
- 08/26/14--16:44: [BC] How do you know
Internet in a 4 block section of town has been down since July 22 2014 Now July 30th 7 PM
All this area clients are experiencing large packet low and lack of connections.
Shaw as of yet has no resolve or any timeframe for fixing the problem.
We have been offered a refund for the time down and a second offer of do you want to cancel.
Bad service on Shaw's part very unprofessional.
When I asked about canceling shaws response was "most people already have canceled in that area, we have lost a lot clients.".
I just started experiencing this today. I'm subscribed to a third party newsgroup server (supernews.com) and I've noticed that I can no longer get more than around 1 MBit/s of speed from 28 connections when downloading. I have a 100MBit connection and before I was maxing out my connection at 10MBit/s or so. I'm living downtown Vancouver. Anyone else experience newsgroup slowdowns? I also tried running a trial with another newsgroup provider and their speed was no better.
I tested my connection at speedtest.net and it looks like I still am getting close to maximum speeds. It only seems to affect me when I'm trying to download from news servers? I hope I'm not being paranoid and shaw hasn't decided to start throttling traffic.
Is anyone else experiencing major packet loss recently? I've been getting 25-40% packet loss since Wednesday night, and hasn't eased up since.
I haven't called support because I am subscribed with CIK(reseller) on Shaw's lines.
I use unblock-us's dns servers usually but, using them on this modem breaks my internet connection all together. After some searching, Comcast users were having similar problems with this device that were remedied with a firmware update. Does anyone know how to get firmware for these? Mine is running SBG6X82-184.108.40.206-GA-04-13-NOSH while the working Comcast ones are SBG6X82-220.127.116.11-GA-01-971-NOSH and apparently that version has this DNS problem fixed.
I'm about to get Shaw service (10 Mbps basic) in Lethbridge, AB. I understand that this comes with an integrated modem/router/telephone adapter, and assuming that I might have some say in the issue, are there any types of equipment to avoid?
My tracert looks like this:
1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms IPGamnia [192.168.1.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 14 ms 14 ms 16 ms rc3ar-tge0-14-0-2-1.ed.shawcable.net [18.104.22.168]
4 11 ms 20 ms 23 ms rc1we-tge0-7-0-0.ed.shawcable.net [22.214.171.124]
5 25 ms 26 ms 25 ms rc3sc-tge0-0-0-15.wp.shawcable.net [126.96.36.199]
6 41 ms 46 ms 52 ms rc4ec-hge0-9-0-0.il.shawcable.net [188.8.131.52]
7 42 ms 42 ms 41 ms chi-eqx-i1-link.telia.net [184.108.40.206]
8 42 ms 42 ms 43 ms level3-ic-306666-chi-b21.c.telia.net [220.127.116.11]
9 101 ms 102 ms 105 ms vlan51.ebr1.Chicago2.Level3.net [18.104.22.168]
10 98 ms 100 ms 103 ms ae-3-3.ebr2.Denver1.Level3.net [22.214.171.124]
11 95 ms 94 ms 95 ms ae-2-2.ebr2.Seattle1.Level3.net [126.96.36.199]
12 103 ms 103 ms 111 ms ae-2-52.edge2.Seattle3.Level3.net [188.8.131.52]
13 69 ms 76 ms 69 ms eat.valve.net [184.108.40.206]
Now I know what you're thinking. 100 ms isn't that bad, but there's a bug with the game where I'm getting +30 onto whatever my tracert shows. So I"m effectivley getting 130ms instead of my usually 90. I might as well play on useast servers with the pings I'm getting on west. Is there any way to fix this?
TSI sCable is out / down in Metro Vancouver. I went to a business in Richmond that has Shaw Internet and it was out too, same time frame as TekSavvy. Anyone in Metro Van directly on Shaw Internet experiencing in outage right now?
Marriage Equality | Consumerist
Is it to much to expect to be able to stream video with 2.5mb/s upload on a 5mb/s plan??
anyone able to twitch.tv?
Maybe a fix for my horrible upload to twitch but im hopelessly optimistic
would love to stay with shaw
horrible upload speeds. they say the node isnt saturated and wont even acknowledge there a problem idk im at a loss.
horrible custom support.
VERY dissatisfied customer.
http://imgur.com/AeDES9f ---- thats trying to stream at 2500kbps at midnight on a Wednesday.
I am unable to locate an area where I can create my favourite list and I have the HHDSR 600 series. I have gone through every button without any success. How do you create a favourite with the new shaw upgrade - August 14, 2014?
Focus Communcations trucks have been outside laying wire along the highway past my house. Are the current lines copper? are they upgrading to fiber? could it help with my speed issues? just looking for anyone with some insight.
I signed up for the Shaw Customer Centre online tool by linking my Shaw account, and noticed that many options are missing. For example: I can't see my internet usage (not sure if this is possible on Shaw), I can't access the Internet extras, can't sign up for a @shaw.ca email and get access to Shaw Go Wifi, etc. I also have TV and phone service.
This is what the Shaw Customer Centre looks like for me:
Is this normal? How does it look like for you guys?
I've had Shaw services installed for about two days now. My number hasn't yet been ported over from TELUS. Could that be why I can't access these online features?
Comedy deescaladed. sorry just trying to lighten up your day.
We are with Telus on the 50/10 plan, but we are thinking of moving back to Shaw. I am downtown Vancouver near Nelson and Thurlow, how is the service in this area? Does Shaw still have problems with some areas being oversaturated?
Upstream SNR over the past 4 days shows it fluctuating from low 22ish up to 37, tech said this was bad and he traced it all the way back to the node and everyone is experiencing it. said it has to go to maintenance to fix it.
how long should this take to fix? as I have been complaining about my upload for almost 2 years now and this was the FIRST tech to even figure it out.
Hi Shaw Rep,
Make Calls or Answer My Shaw Home Phone (VoIP) on my iOS Device?
Is this possible or a feature coming soon?
I just signed up for Shaws "welcome home" package for a new house I just had built. It is a brand new house in Calgary. So I will have Broadband 50 internet and their basic phone service. Do they deliver this service with a single modem/gateway or is there a separate modem for each?
And what is up with these new crazy low upload speeds!! My exisiting service at my home in BC is the highspeed 25 service and it even comes with 5MBPS upload.
What interface does Shaw support use for their online help chat?
When your not getting the speed your paying for and forth o's a option but you can't get on the 134mhzX4 connection. I want to know how you know when people are stealing spectrum from shaw. I don't understand I'm paying 75 a month for this but now that the dry loop has been dropped and number from Telus assigned I think the price goes down to 44.99 when allocation of new number enters the pool am I wrong?